Saturday, August 28, 2010

More reading

I forgot to list in my previous reading post Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.  I read this a few months ago and for some reason forgot about it!  The second book in this series is already out and it was a quick read so I think I'm going to do a fast re-read before picking up Linger.

I also re-read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins in preparation for the release of the final book - Mockingjay.  I ended up finishing it overnight since I was very sick and couldn't sleep anyway. Amazing finish to a series.   Even if you read the synopsis for these books and don't think you'd be interested, I still think you should give them a try. 

I just started reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which is exactly how it sounds - P&P word-for-word with an added zombie storyline.  After I'm done I think I might donate this one to a classroom, along with a few other books.

My friend Jessica has started a writing blog, so I recommend heading over there and following her!  She's a dedicated blogger, writer and high school English teacher. 

I also just started classes this semester and I'm trying to get ahead so I can dedicate as much of my free time as possible this November to NaNo!   I have a few ideas bouncing around, 2 of them starting to get fleshed out in my brain.  I am considering writing two novellas this NaNo instead of 1 novel.  Nothing one can really sell, but it's a quick way to clean out my brain clutter and get back to focusing on my main WIP.

2 comments:

  1. Did you say P&P & Zombies..LOL that sounds crazy
    check out my blog sometime if you get the chance.
    http://ismanthyhere.blogspot.com
    I need some followers bad..LOL
    Thanks
    Mark

    ReplyDelete