Friday, August 13, 2010

Stuck in a rut.

I'm trying to pull myself out of a writing rut, and it's one of the reasons I started this blog (and my the associated twitter account).

I currently have 3 works-in-progress.

1) ScriptFrenzy 2009: completed feature-length screenplay that needs major revisions. I tentatively titled it St. Patrick's Day but that title doesn't do much for me. If I'm able to buckle down and get one good revision completed, I'd be willing to pick up a BETA for it and let someone tear it to shreds.

2) NaNo 2009: My baby. It's sitting at the less than halfway point, right now around 55K words. I know where it's going and have obsessed over it for almost a year but have somehow managed to not write any of it down. With this project, I feel like I need to sit down and outline the entirety of the book, something I never did to begin with. It is untitled, but during my re-read I started calling it Fade.

3) ScriptFrenzy 2010: About 104 pages and needs 3-4 more scenes to be another finished feature-length film, then major revisions as well. I tried to write a novel a couple of years ago, but decided it worked better as a screenplay. Again, no title. I guess I suck at titles.

I love writing challenges. I wish I had the same discipline year-round. During ScriptFrenzy or NaNoWriMo, I write every day and always make my goals.

NaNo 2010 is just around the corner, and I do plan to participate. Yet another unfinished manuscript to add to the pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment